The history of Nyheim Lodge

Dr. Edgar March Crookshank (1858-1928) and his wife Harriet Colfox Crookshank (1856-1930) built Nyheim Lodge in 1905.

More information will come

The history in brief

The English period in Gjøra

more text will come

More text will come

Lord Iliffes vadebukse


Crookshank’s daughters Margaret and Evelyn were gifted watercolour painters.
Leikvin Bygdemuseum (link) houses their watercolours, but copies are displayed at the lodge.

Historic photos

Crookshank’s son Godfrey (1890 – 1933), a recognised photographer, left behind at the lodge numerous photos of the lodge.

Tjenerskapet på Nyheim Lodge ca 1920. Foto Godfrey Crookshank
Crookshank-maler-laks_July 22, 1926
Arbeidsfolket på Nyheim. Bildet er tatt ca 1925